This site is a non-commercial site sponsored by individuals who are concerned about copyright issues in the arts and crafts industries. These individuals have donated their time, energy and money to make this site happen.
Due to the emotional and volatile nature of copyright issues, the following agreement must be read and accepted by individuals who wish to receive and retain membership to craftsandcopyrights.com and its services.
This Agreement states the terms and policies for acceptable use of this site (craftsandcopyrights.com) and its services, forums, blogs and anything else which may be created for use by its members.
From time to time, changes or additions to the Agreement may occur. This Agreement will be updated to reflect these changes, so please check back periodically to remain current.
Membership log-in with your chosen username and password is required to read and post on certain sections of this site.
Blogs can be created by any designer or artist member who is already registered in the private forum area. Blogs can be viewed by any member, not just designers and artists.
Membership to the private forum area is required for both viewing and posting, and is only open to pre-approved designers and artists. You must provide a verifiable e-mail address and/or a verifiable reference, if required.
Members are solely responsible for the use of their own account and confidentiality of their password. Do not disclose your password to any third party. Notify craftsandcopyrights.com if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password.
Rules of Content and Conduct
Membership-only areas will be moderated by volunteers and sponsors of craftsandcopyrights.com as their schedules permit. Moderation will be equally applied to all members, regardless of their profession or feelings towards copyright issues and infringements. It is expected that all members will act and be treated with respect. When you disagree, disagree calmly. Think before you post!
Moderators will be able to remove individual posts and restrict or deny access to members who post, e-mail or promote illegal or prohibited content.
Prohibited activites or content includes, but is not limited to, the following, as perceived by and at the sole discretion of craftsandcopyrights.com and its agents:
- Anything that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm against any group or individual.
- Harassment or promoting harassment of individuals or groups.
- Providing telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URL's or anything else identifying other craftsandcopyrights.com members or anyone being accused of copyright infringements, illegal activites or those making charges of copyright infringements or illegal activites.
- Anything that is abusive, excessively rude, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous.
- Anything that actively encourages others to commit illegal acts, including, but not limited to, copyright infringements, violence, weapon use, or computer hacking.
- Soliciting or stealing passwords or user ID's from other members.
Other illegal or prohibited activites may include, but is not limited to, the following, as perceived by and at the sole discretion of craftsandcopyrights.com and its agents:
- Criminal and illegal activity, including copyright infringement.
- Advertising, except in the case of signature lines on posts or posts in areas explicity reserved for advertising.
- Interfering with, disrupting or creating an undue burden on the craftsandcopyrights.com web site or its services.
- Attempting to impersonate another person or member of craftsandcopyrights.com.
- Using information from the craftsandcopyrights.com website and services to harass, abuse or harm another person.
Consequences of Illegal or Prohibited Activity
In the event that craftsandcopyrights.com, its agents, moderators or sponsors determine that a member has executed any illegal or prohibited activities, the following actions may be taken depending on the level of severity of the offence as determined by and at the sole discretion of craftsandcopyrights.com, its agents, moderators or sponsors:
- A private warning message to the individual.
- Removal of the offending post or material.
- Change of status of the individual to "moderated," whereby posts must be pre-approved before being posted for viewing by others.
- Cancelation of membership status of the individual to craftsandcopyrights.com.
- Reporting abusive or illegal behaviour to the individual's e-mail provider or ISP.
- Reporting abusive or illegal behaviour to the authorities.
Any one, or a combination of, the above actions may be applied. Members may be subjected to any of these with or without explanations. Notice of censures, restrictions or removals may or may not be announced on craftsandcopyrights.com.
Copyright and other intellectual property laws are complicated. The information on craftsandcopyrights.com is for general information purposes only. This information was compiled through research by individuals with no legal qualifications. While craftsandcopyrights.com, including its volunteers, moderators and sponsors have done their best to provide accurate information, they cannot be held responsible or liable for any inaccuracies, nor for loss or damages to individuals or businesses resulting from the content on craftsandcopyrights.com. For specific copyright information and cases contact a qualified copyright/intellectual property attorney in your country.
Forum members are soley responsible for the content of posts on their accounts. In most cases craftsandcopyrights.com will not moderate posts before they are posted for public viewing. Craftsandcopyrights.com will remove offending posts (as described above in Rules of Content and Conduct) as they are discovered and as time permits. Craftsandcopyrights.com and all of its agents, volunteers, moderators and sponsors are not responsible for inaccurate, offensive or illegal activity posted by individual members.
Membership information will not be given or sold to any third party, except where required by law.
Messages sent to any craftsandcopyrights.com e-mail address may be posted publicly. This may occur in instances where a determination is made that the public and/or other users may have an interest in, or benefit from, the e-mail. Hostile e-mails may be posted in full.
See the complete Privacy Policies for details.